To kick-off the winter season this year, participating Scholars Education Centre locations took part in a magical event, Let’s Build a Snowman. Each student decorated a snowman and, along with the other students at their centre, created a wonderful winter scene.
Here are the top five reasons we love this event.
- It gives our students a chance to share how their tutoring experiences have made a difference. Every student writes one thing they learned at Scholars on their snowman. We love to read about the goals the children have accomplished during their time with us.
- We are impressed by our scholars’ creativity! Creativity and imagination are an important part of childhood, and an important part of learning.
- It fosters a fun spirit of competitiveness. Congratulations to our Scholars Toronto-Danforth location for creating the most magical winter scene of all! A delicious batch of winter-themed cupcakes will arrive at their centre on Monday (December 17) for everyone to enjoy, freshly prepared from Sullivan & Bleeker’s local nut-free bakery.
- It fosters a fun spirit of togetherness. Sure, there’s a competition at the heart of it, but Let’s Build a Snowman is ultimately about working together to achieve our best results (sounds a little like tutoring, don’t you think?).
- The number one reason we love Let’s Build a Snowman is because—whether you’re a student, parent, or teacher—it is a great reminder of our common goals. We all want our students to learn, and have fun, and be the best they can be. Let’s Build a Snowman gives our scholars a chance to show us what they can do.