EQAO Tutoring Program
Our EQAO tutoring program helps to increase student confidence by reducing stress and increasing student self-assurance. For most parents and guardians, the EQAO test is a brand new experience, as many did not write the test while going through school. What type of content is included? How can you help your child? Where do you get started? Does your child have any skill gaps from previous grades that are causing frustration with their EQAO preparation? Our certified teachers mentor students through EQAO content, practice tests and assignments to set them in the right direction from day one.
Our EQAO tutoring program is a customized program that includes all major components of the EQAO test:
- Paragraph writing
- Data management and probability
- Patterning and algebra
- Geometry and special sense
Scholars Education Centre provides an EQAO tutoring program to assist and equip students with the core skills they need to succeed in the EQAO province-wide testing. At Scholars, we offer all levels of EQAO test preparation: Grade 3, Grade 6 and Grade 9. The EQAO tutoring program is built to work with the requirements and guidelines set by the Ontario government.
Benefits of the Scholars EQAO Preparation Program
- The Scholars EQAO tutoring program is designed around the Ontario curriculum and is facilitated by Ontario certified teachers.
- The Scholars EQAO tutoring program incorporates local school board guidelines for test preparation.
- Students begin the EQAO tutoring program by completing a free EQAO assessment to identify their specific test preparation requirements and their areas of strength and weakness.
- Parents and guardians receive on-going feedback and conference reports so they can monitor their student’s progress.
- The Scholars program can work alongside a student’s teacher, with parental permission, on any EQAO prep conducted in the classroom. It is often beneficial for us to contact a student’s teacher to enhance our EQAO test preparation and provide support for any homework related to EQAO preparation.
- To maximize preparation and monitor results, we provide a sample EQAO test to simulate students’ actual test writing.
Background of EQAO Testing
The Ontario government requires students to complete assessments at key stages in their education. These tests focus on the core skills of reading, writing and mathematics.
- Assessments of Reading, Writing and Mathematics, Primary Division (Grades 1–3) and Junior Division (Grades 4–6)
- The primary-division assessment tests the reading, writing and mathematics skills students are expected to learn by the end of Grade 3. The junior-division assessment tests the reading, writing and mathematics skills students are expected to learn by the end of Grade 6. Both assessments are based on The Ontario Curriculum.
- Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics
- All students working toward a credit in Grade 9 Academic or Applied Mathematics are required to participate in this assessment. It tests whether students have fulfilled the curriculum expectations of the Grade 9 Academic or Applied Mathematics courses from The Ontario Curriculum.
- Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
- In Grade 10, students take the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test, which measures whether they meet the minimum standard for literacy across all subjects through the end of Grade 9.